Thursday 9 January 2014

Resolutions - 9 days in.

Thought I'd have a little review of how my new years resolutions are going (http://skeltopotato.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/new-years-resos.html)


  • Running 100 miles a month - Only done 24 so far in January, mainly due to being injured. Might just be able to scrape this one as my leg isn't a bad as it's been.
  • Fell running - Still not been on the hills! Maybe I'll go after my first exam on the 13th...
  • Gym - Done this one, been going 4 times a week. Can feel myself getting stronger which is great for motivation. Sorted myself some basic home gym type stuff (sit up bench, mats & weights) so I can still do a bit on the days I don't go t'gym.
  • Bike riding - mountain biked on Sunday just gone, when I went an took photos of Hit The Trail race in Reddish Vale. Still not lycra'ed up though. Shitty weather at the moment, but I fully intend to get out there.
  • Fasting! - Did this on Sunday (5th).... and did it all wrong. Managed to get the bike ride and a run in on the same day, so was prrroper naffed. Ended up eating 550 kcals (but I'd burnt off 800kcal). It got me thinking what actually counts as a fast? No food or just a low calorie intake? If I exercise can I eat what I burnt off? Hmm. Today is another fast day and all I've had so far is a black tea & I'm planning a gym session tonight.
  • Keeping off the sweeties - Moderate success. I've not abstained completely, I must admit I had a couple of Milky Way snack size bars...
  • Not had any booze. No since boxing day (I think). Easy done though.
  • Calorie counting - Been doing this to make sure I've been on track with not eating too much shit, writing done everything I eat or drink defo helps. Managed to drop a few pounds too.

Over all done pretty ok. The stuff I've not stuck to can be done and just because I've had a crappy start doesn't mean I can't keep trying. It very frustrating being injured, I want to be running 50+ miles a week like I was but I know I'll be straight back to square one if I do. Had a hip X-ray this week and get results back next week. Hopefully nothing major causing my pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment